From Malgosia Plucinska, Senior Director, Global Customer Experience
In a recent post, Listen up…customers are talking, you heard from Shawn Cadeau that learning about what our customers really think, even though it may often be difficult, is critical for our ability to build real relationships and a successful business.
We know that customers consider the level of service that a company offers to be of the utmost importance when deciding whether to purchase that company’s products and services.
At Corel, our goal is to provide our customers with the best possible experience in as many ways as possible, and to continuously improve the quality of service available. We know that when you need support, you expect your question to be answered immediately and effectively by courteous and knowledgeable staff.
Since our customer service organization is the first line of contact for millions of users worldwide, our challenge is to offer you the level of responsiveness and quality that you deserve while managing the large volume of requests. Furthermore, we aim to tailor our support services to match exactly what it is that you’re looking for. To help us meet these goals, we have been gathering your feedback after every support interaction.
What we learned is that, although we have made an effort to make our support services as accessible as possible, there were some key areas which still needed improvement:
- At times, it took too long to reach our Technical Support experts on the phone
- When you made a support inquiry, there was no way to check the progress of your case
- When moving from chat to email to phone contact, the history of your case was sometimes lost
We knew that while we had made many small improvements to our email and phone systems, these were insufficient to resolve those issues, and a more drastic approach was called for. The disjointed and outdated customer support tools we had been using were simply no longer sufficient for the level of support we wanted to be able to provide. A fundamental change was needed.
After a year of hard work, in May 2011, we successfully migrated all of our customer support services to a new system called Salesforce.com. Salesforce.com offers a single centralized platform that maintains the history of all interactions with our customers whether that is via chat, online web/email or phone. What this means is that all of our customers’ questions can be answered faster and more easily than ever before, and you can watch the process unfold in real time, giving you a level of information and access that simply was not possible with the old system.
With the new Salesforce.com support platform, you are now able to:
- Obtain faster, easier and more convenient access to priority support – whether you raise a case via an online customer portal or call us, you can now be instantly connected to the agent who is appropriate for your account
- Gain complete visibility of your support case status online – watching in real time to see its progress or updating your case information to help us answer your question
- Subscribe to all-new annual support plans which not only offer you exclusive attention from our most experienced technical staff, but also give you access to online product training and can even provide you with free upgrades to the next major product release
In upcoming posts, you’ll learn more about these key improvements and the impact they’re having on our ability to serve you better. To find out more about the different levels of support that we offer, visit www.corel.com/supportplans.